Sunday, April 30, 2017
- Venus quintaux Transpluto 5:39 AM EDT,
- Saturn square Chiron 4:24 PM EDT,
- Mars contra-parallel Saturn 5:46PM EDT,
- Ceres enters tropical Gemini 7:48 PM EDT,
- Venus quincunx Apollon 10:42 PM EDT
Monday, May 1, 2017
Tuesday May 2, 2017
- sun opposes Poseidon 9:51AM EDT,
- sun contra-parallel Poseidon 10:44AM EDT
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
- Mercury parallel Sedna 4:47 AM EDT,
- Mercury stations direct 12:32: PM EDT,
- Mars parallel Hades 4:06PM EDT,
- sun sextile Neptune 8:50 PM EDT
Thursday, May 4, 2017
- sun trine Hygeia 6:02 AM EDT
- Hygeia 10 First recorded observation April 12, 1849
- Vesta enters tropical Leo 2:07 PM EDT
- Selene enters sidereal Taurus 4:25 PM EDT
Friday, May 5, 2017
- sun quincunx Jupiter 3:59 AM EDT,
- nodes square Admetos 8:15 AM EDT
Saturday May 6, 2017
- Mars contra-parallel Cupido 3:20AM EDT,
- sun contra-parallel Astraea
- sun contra-parallel Astraea 8:38PM EDT
Sunday May 7, 2017
- Venus contra-parallel Eris
- Venus contra-parallel Eris 11:07AM EDT,
- Venus square Hades
- Venus square Hades 8:52PM EDT
In Greek Mythology, Hygeia is the great-granddaughter of Zeus / Jupiter via the Apollo(n) line. Her father Aesclepius, another asteroid, was the Greek god of healing & is often shown with a physician’s staff & a snake wrapped around. The cock bird was also sacred to Asclepius and sacrificed on his altar. Chiron, the centaur, was his mentor.
Aesclepius had five daughters. The two most famous are Panacea (cure all) and Hygeia, the root of the English word Hygiene or public health. Hygienists at one time in American history called Hygeists.
Hippocrates, the great doctor of antiquity and father of the Hippocratic oath that doctors take, was said to be a mortal descendant of Asclepius. His promise calls upon the Greek gods as his witness, doctors still take some form of this oath today, sometimes without the ancient gods. It begins solemnly:
I swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfil according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant. …
In the few cases we used Hygeia, we discovered that it works well as a public hygiene point. Here are a few examples from our notes:
- One native who had Hygeia in the Third House admitted that she came from a very neat family where ironing, clean windows, and presentable appearance counted. it was also sextile her Sixth House of work and labor, and she admitted that her work appearance was impeccable. Once out of the limelight though she dressed quite differently and when her co-workers met her were stunned by her disheveled hippie appearance.
- Another fellow has Hygeia in his Twelfth House, admitted he was a “closet slob.” He only cleaned up when he knew he was going to have company or meet someone personally important and then shoved everything in closets.
- President Trump who has Hygeia in the Eighth House is an admitted “germophobe.”
As a mundane event, Hygeia this week is at 15.30 Capricorn in the Second House, and health matters and budgets are underway. This may appear in one’s personal life as concerns over health costs, coverage or bills. Perhaps a doctor’s visit becomes suddenly due or there is concern over whether the family can meet this new and unexpected expense or more imporantly, whether insurance will cover the procedure and if so, how much.